How can I promote my music?
With the right strategies and tactics, every artist can get their music in front of the right people. Here are some tips:
- Create a Press Release to send to Blogs, Online Newspapers, Magazines, and Radio Stations etc. Check out our guide for creating a Press Release here.
- Build your network: Network as much as you can within your local scene (think: club nights, festivals or industry parties), send your music to promoters, and engage with your own community online.
- Share your music in niche communities: Identify your target audience and the places they are consuming new music. When you’re armed with the insights, start actively participating in conversations or discussions and sharing your tracks in their niche communities, whether it be a Facebook group or Twitch channel.
- Reach out to blogs and Youtube channels: There are a number of handy tools out there to help get your music featured on the best blogs and channels, without having to do the guesswork. Try Hype Machine, a platform that automatically aggregates the best blogs around the world for you to contact based on popularity. Also, SubmitHub is another great and user-friendly platform where you can submit directly to blogs.
- To help receive streams and have a chance to go on Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer Playlists you can sign up to free services such as DailyPlaylists, SoundPlate, IndieMono, and SubmitHub. Go ahead and use these services for your chance to get onto popular user playlists. Do not by any circumstance pay Spotify Playlist owners/curators for placement. They usually use bots and fake streaming tactics.
- You can also contact playlist curators directly via Instagram and Facebook. The best way to find their contact details is to go on Spotify and find the playlist you’d like to be on. Then find the user of that playlist. They usually have their contact details there. Send them a quick message on Facebook / Instagram explaining your release and how much you love their playlist. They love that!
- Another cool thing with the above-mentioned service SubmitHub is that you can send your music to popular influencers on TikTok and Instagram. If they like your song, they can promote it for you by using it in their video! It’s a win for them because they love new music, but also a great win for you because you will gain more exposure.
- Finally, submit to Selected by Amuse: This is what we call our shout outs on Amuse’s social media accounts. We choose great songs that we like – no matter what kind of genre it is and no matter how known or unknown the artist is. You can read more here: Selected by Amuse