It is possible to change your artist name but we do not recommend it on already released material.
No previous releases? If you are not planning to change the name on existing releases, you simply start a new account in the app and start uploading new material. Same if you don't have any releases with Amuse).
If you want to change your artist name on an existing release, this is how you do it:
1. You start a new Amuse account with the new artist name. Good read: What is a good artist name?
2. You do a new and complete upload in the app. Remember to use the correct ISRC code if your track(s) have been used before.
3. Give support a heads up about the name change by emailing to email@example.com.
4. The new release will go through the same approval process as all the other releases with Amuse.
5. When the new release is out in stores, you contact support and ask us to remove the first release with the previous artist name. Beware to double check that the artist name has been changed on all tracks and all releases. If not, please contact support.
Remember to email us from the email address on the account it is regarding.
IMPORTANT! If your artwork doesn't contain the old artist name (and no artwork change is needed), contact support and we might be able to help you out. Email us, as always from the email address in the account when you are logged out of the app, provide us with the new name and please also mention that the artwork is free from artist name and we will make the switch for you. This is not possible if a change in the artwork is needed.