1. What kind of product are you uploading? A single has 1-3 tracks, an album 4 or more tracks (an EP is 4-6 tracks and although you can't add that in the app, we'll fix it for you).
2. What's the title of the product? For an album, it is the album title. For a one track single, it's the same as the track title.
3. Cover art: The text on the cover must correspond with the title and the spelling must be the same. So, if you include the artist name and name of the release these must match exactly. It may NOT include websites, nor social media handles. No references to physical packaging like a CD logo, nor to a digital product. The cover art needs to a square of at least 1400x1400pxl in .png or .jpeg and in good quality. Images must not be blurry, pixelated, or have other quality issues.
4. Label: The Label name is shown under the release in the different stores. If you have a label you should use it, otherwise you can use your artist name. If left blank, the artist name will be added automatically.
5. Track title (if you are uploading a single one of the tracks must be named as the single (the product) itself (see step 2).
6. Do you own the rights to the music? It is very important that you have the rights to the content you upload to Amuse. You always have the rights if you have written the music yourself. If you do not have the rights, click "no" and we will get back to you.
7. Explicit: Does the track include cursing or bad language, or have you put the Parental Advisory logo on your artwork? If Yes, the track will be marked Explicit in the music stores.
8. Songwriter: You will be able to state who the songwriters are: just you, you with someone else or someone else altogether. These are the questions: Are you the sole songwriter? Yes/No. Did you co-write this track? Who wrote this track?
9. Featured artist: Do you have a featured artist on this track? You can add more than one (in iOS you add one per row, in Android you separate with comma). If you want the featured artist to be a primary artist like you, please contact [email protected]
10. Genre: What kind of genre is this track? We have pre-approved genres in the iOS-app and in Android 17.4. The genres are strict but we're working on it. (You can't sort music according to genre in the biggest music stores, so it is not of as great importance as you might think).
11. When was the track recorded?
12. Almost done! Double check the information and go back and correct it if needed. If you have left the label blank it will say the artist name in the stores. A release date will have been set for the upcoming Friday (New Music Day!). You will have the option to choose a release date (at least 7 days after successful and approved uploading) in a few steps.
13. Do you want to add more tracks to the product? If yes, you add more tracks. They will be released as one product.
14. Countries/regions: In which regions do you want to release the product? We suggest all regions unless there is a particular reason not to.
15. Stores: In which stores do you want to release the product? As with regions, we suggest all stores unless there is a particular reason not to. Amuse gives the artist an easy way of monetizing Youtube but the way it works differs from that with other stores. If you need to know more, you can read about it here.
16. Suggested release date. We suggest the release of music on Fridays as that is known as the New Music Friday. However, you have the opportunity (in iOS and soon in Android) to choose your own date as long as it is at least 7 days after the upload. Remember that the release date is based on an approved upload.
AND YOU ARE DONE!